Treasurer Job Description
|Make deposits to checking account||Make copies of checks and deposit slips take to bank (30 mins. plus travel time to bank)|
|Pay any and all expenses||Notation of check number on expense documents|
|Prepare Financial Statements using Intuit QuickBooks Pro (software will be provided)||This financial information is entered on an ongoing basis (20 to 30 mins. for quarterly meetings)|
|Prepare Financial Report for Annual Board Meetings of ACAA (report balances at telecon meetings)||Print Financial report (P&L plus Balance sheet) and write a short statement of highlights for period (30 to 40 mins.)|
|File annual IRS form 990-N, Annual Electronic Filing Requirement for Small Exempt Organizations.||(30 mins.)|
Huntington Bank is the current bank with locations in: Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Note: If the Treasurer is located in a different state, new banking relation must be opened.
Busy Period: Reunions
- Registrations forms and payments sent to Treasurer
- Receipts recorded in QuickBooks (time depends on new (5 mins.) or prior member (2 mins.) receipts
- Deposits made (see above)
- Copies of the registration forms scanned and emailed to various board members (perhaps 10 to 15 mins. for every 10 registration forms)
- Biennial review of the financial records (in reunion years) done an accountant alumnus
|Non-reunion years||To site of Board of Directors meeting.
Reunion selection visit actual or potential site for reunion.
Visit site of reunion several months before reunion to finalize details.
Other time commitment: Board of Director conference calls (usually on Saturday mornings) Reunion years 6 to 7 times, non-reunion years 4 to 5 times.
Term: two years
INQUIRIES TO: Les Rachocki; firstname.lastname@example.org; 330-908-3950